Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact you?
Email is best: email@example.com
Our phone is available and staffed Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (703-590-8200)
Follow us on LinkedIN, Facebook, and Blog. (On the Home page)
What services do you offer?
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Design (MEP)
- Licensed Professional Engineers to sign MEP plans for County or City Building Construction Permits
- Consulting Services for Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Work
- Construction Services (Site surveys, construction meetings, RFI’s, Submittals, Bidding Process)
- Value Engineering Services
- See More
What Software do you use?
- We use AutoCAD by Autodesk mainly. Some members of the team are familiar with REVIT as well.
- On the mechanical side we use Trace Software for HVAC Load Calculations.
- For Lighting/Mechanical/Envelope certifications we use COMCheck (from the Department of Energy)
- We utilize eQuest for Building Energy Modeling.
- For Finances we use Quickbooks.
- We also utilize Microsoft Office Products.
What is a Permit and why do I need it?
- Every county or city, has a construction permit division, in which the goal is make all construction projects meet all national and local CODES. In construction, you will most likely need a mechanical permit, an electrical permit, and a plumbing permit.
- SAI can provide those services, to create plans, that can be submitted by a contractor or owner for Permit. SAI can design and engineer these plans, and can sign/stamp the drawings for official submittal to the county or city.
What is Engineering, for your field of expertise?
- Engineering to us, is a means and method of solving problems, using expertise and research to help facilitate that goal. Specifically, in the construction industry as it relates to HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning), Electrical (lights, power, fire alarm), or Plumbing (sanitary, domestic water, water heating, gas).
- On a day-to-day basis, we visit construction sites, we calculate problems, we design in CADD, and we communicate our findings with our team and our clients.
- About Us (Learn about who we are)
- Services (Learn about what we do)
- Contact Us (New Question? Need a service, proposal, or assistance?)
Visit our BLOG for recent updates! saimep.blogspot.com